I am a year 8 student at Glen innes school. I am in Room 8 and my teacher is Mrs Ramkolowan

Tuesday 1 September 2015

Deci-mats

Deci-mats


WALT: Understand place value of decimals using a deci-mat.

First picture: One whole is divided into tenths.
Screenshot 2015-08-27 at 10.10.33.png






Second picture: One whole is divided into hundredths.
Screenshot 2015-08-27 at 10.11.07.png








Screenshot 2015-08-27 at 10.11.53.pngThird picture: One whole is divided into thousandths.







In my group was Shanelle,Ketura and Stepfanie. We played a game using a deci-mat and a dice. To play the game you need to roll the dice and the dice went up to 9 there was also another dice that had a fractions on it. We all took turns to rool the dice, it was really easy.


My first picture is in tenths. Blue represents six tenths, Brown represents one tenths, Green represents three tenths and Orange represents three tenths too.


My second picture is in hundredths. The blue represents sixty hundredths, Red represents one hundredths, Brown represents one hundredths, Orange represents three hundredths and Purple represents six hundredths.


My third picture is in thousands. The blue represents sixty thousands, Browns represents five thousands, Green represents two thousands, Orange represents one hundredths and Yellow represents one hundredths.



0 comments:

Post a Comment