I am a year 8 student at Glen innes school. I am in Room 8 and my teacher is Mrs Ramkolowan

Tuesday 28 April 2015

Write a letter

WALT:Write a letter


Peak Camp Gallipoli
April 1915


Dear Mum


Hi mum how are you ? I miss you so much I wish I can come back. Thankyou for the food you sent me they were yummy as. Hope you are okay and that everything is okay while I have been gone. Also I don’t know when I’ll be able to come back home but I hope it’s soon.


The weather has been so good but the captain said that there might be a storm tonight but I hope not because then everything will be wet and we will be wet because we don’t have shelter or anything we just sleep under the sky and the stars with our blankets and backpacks.Also our food would get wet and then it will be yuck to eat.


Also one of my friends died (Tom.) We also had a funeral for her yesterday. I was so sad all of her friends came and we were crying and we told some speeches , but we couldn’t take long because we would've got killed so it was pretty short. But it’s alright because she is in a better place now.


Also one last thing I want to tell you is that the food here is disgusting they aren't even fresh because when I want to eat there is always flies and bugs on it YUCK. That’s why I like it when you send me food and stuff. Thank-you.


That’s what i've been up to past these weeks. Once again hope your doing okay and hope I can see you soon love you take care bye , Please write back as soon as you can xxxx miss you hope I can come home soon and the war is almost finished.


From you loving daughter
Alyssa

1 comments:

Paige said...

Hi Alyssa,
Wow I did not expect that when I was reading your letter, I like it tho but you have called the food "they" especially in this sentences "Also one last thing I want to tell you is that the food here is disgusting (It should be (the food here is disgusting IT) Instand of they) they aren't even fresh". Its still very interesting I died in the letter but I'm still live.

Post a Comment